One thing I love is butternut squash.. it doesn’t matter how it is cooked, it is one of those wonderful vegetables that tastes good even if it is just cooked with nothing on it. However, this wonderful recipe for this butternut squash hummus is pretty amazing. I originally was thrilled to find it on a local business website at http://mcbnutritionandmovement.ca/squash-hummus/ and I changed it up a bit to suit my own preferences, but the original recipe is lovely as well!
I love how the Internet gives us the opportunity to meet so many wonderfully talented professionals right in our own town and the owner of this business, Mary is no exception. Check out all her wonderful services on her website.
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
- 2 cups (500 mL) Roasted and mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 can or 540 mL (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tahini
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric